How it all started:
- 2014: Had a partial Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Surgery (Basically a Hip Replacement). No seriously, it looks like they put a trailer hitch in my right hip.
- 2015: Competed in my first Bodybuilding Competition at the NPC Grand Rapids, MI show in the Bikini Division.
- 2016: Gave birth to our first son, Tommy. (Love this kid to death)
- 2017: Started my first postpartum journey because I went balls to the wall on gaining 50 lbs during this pregnancy. We also found out that our 18 month old son had a SEVERE Celiac Allergy.
- 2018: Gave birth to our second son, Jackson. (The cutest chunk muffin I have ever laid eyes on).
- Currently: Killin’ it in the self love, fitness, health and motivation department while I try to keep my boys from eating the dust balls that have not been vacuumed under the couch sitting next to an old Dr. Brown Baby Bottle cap that I forgot to pick up last month and probably has mold growing in it. You know… mom things.
Sooooo that leaves us here and why I started this blog. I don’t claim to be a nutritionist or a personal trainer; nor do I claim to know EVERYTHING about the health and fitness world. However, since 2015, I have dedicated my life to bodybuilding and the mental aspect of health and fitness. I am documenting every step of my journey to discover why -as moms and as women- we have a lack of motivation, why we find it so hard to put ourselves first, and why the hell the health and fitness life is so damn hard.
WATCH ME GO THROUGH MY TRANSFORMATION AND START YOUR OWN
I am a full time working mama of 2 who lifts heavy shit, meal preps, and likes to write about it. I am not the strongest, the fittest, or the smartest mama out there; but I am REAL and RAW. I have failed so many times in the past and will continue to fail until I get it right. I will share every bit of love, hate, cellulite, and tears that I experience. We are all in this together and if we start supporting each other instead of judging each other and tearing each other down, then we can create a community of strong and healthy women and conquer this world as the queens we know we are. So dust off your crowns, wipe that spit up off your shoulder and clean out the guacamole you’ve had crusted in your hair since Tuesday – We’ve got shit to do!
-Written with love, hope and avocados by Christi Brown
The Bodybuilding Mama
#bodybuilding #fitness #postpartumfitness #selflove #postpartumjourney #bodybuildingmama #liftingmama #strongmoms #lifeafterbaby #momsupport #health #cleaneating #postpartumbody #motherhood #postbaby #pregnancy #mombod #boymom #postpartumweightloss #fitpregnancy #fitnessmotivation #strength #bodybuildingmama #celiacdisease #glutenfreekids #glutenfreetoddler #glutenfree